Shoulder Pain Treatment
Shoulder Pain Specialist
With a lifetime prevalence rate of up to 70%, everyone can experience shoulder pain at least once in their life. But, the recovery rate is slow, and the odds of it recurring are very high. For example, 25% of those affected have had previous shoulder pain episodes. And 40% to 50% persistent pain, experts explain.
The problem is, very few people like to do a shoulder exam to assess the muscle spasms, pain, and discomfort. Instead, they overlook the problem, thinking it will pass on its own. Sometimes, however, a strenuous activity, like lifting, can put a lot of strain on your shoulder.
That’s when the aches can have a profound impact on your quality of life. Ignoring a severe ache without calling a shoulder pain specialist could potentially result in long-term discomfort. That’s where a chiropractor for shoulder pain can come in handy. Here is all you need to know about this pain and chiropractic adjustments.
Shoulder Pain Diagnostics
The shoulder joint is one of the most crucial joints of the body, so its pathology adversely affects life quality. Restricted shoulder and arm movement can make daily life activities quite challenging.
It is necessary to diagnose the cause of shoulder pain. A shoulder exam determines whether the pain is primary or secondary.
Primary pain arises because of some shoulder problems. It can radiate to the neck and back and lead to severe consequences. On the other hand, secondary pain is shoulder pain triggered by a problem somewhere else in the body.
Imaging tests like X-ray, CT Scan, and MRI provide for further diagnostic evaluation.
The pain may either be confined to the shoulder or radiate to the arm, neck and back. While painkillers provide immediate relief, the best treatment option is chiropractic adjustments for shoulder pain. Conditions that cause shoulder pain, like frozen shoulder, are also treated by Chiropractic help in Tacoma.
Symptoms of Shoulder Injury
The signs are easy to recognize. However, depending on the severity of the issue, the discomfort level will vary. Precise and gentle chiropractic adjustments can help curb discomfort and aches. To recognize the symptoms of a shoulder injury, you should look out for:
- Cracking sensation when moving or relying on a joint
- The swollen or bruised area around the joint
- Aggravated pain in the shoulder during the night
- Aches when lifting
- Trouble raising the arm above the head
- Persistent pain
- Pain that lasts one week
Common Causes of Shoulder Issues
Many factors can trigger pain. Your susceptibility is based on your bone state and health. With that in mind, here is a list of some of the most typical causes of such issues. These include:
- Frozen shoulder – This problem can occur when scar tissue starts to form inside the joints. Chiropractor frozen shoulder can help release the stiffness and aches.
- Dislocated shoulder – Any high-intensity activity can dislocate the shoulder. Chiropractic adjustments can help correct the problem and renew the functionality of the shoulder.
- Shoulder bursae – When irritated, this sack of fluid causes aches and discomfort. Shoulder treatment is here to restore comfort between the shoulder tissues.
- Rotator cuff injury – This injury takes a while to heal and can happen with any aggressive sport. Shoulder pain chiropractors can help speed up the natural healing process and promote the range of motion.
- Sprains or strains – These problems can occur anytime, even when walking or riding a bike.
- Tendinitis – With wear and tear, the shoulder can become inflamed or stiff. The shoulder pain Tacoma with expert chiropractors can be managed.
Treatment For Shoulder Pain - Postural Syndrome
Postural syndrome is a painful condition where malpositioning and constant pressure on a particular part of the body result in inflammation, pain, and muscle spasm.
Chiropractic adjustments consisting of gently massaging and mobilizing techniques relieve muscle spasms, release nerve pressure, and treat the pain.
Chiropractic Shoulder Adjustments
Overextension and abduction of the shoulder can cause misalignment, resulting in inflammation, pain, and distress. Chiropractic adjustments help restore the shoulders to their normal position. They are performed manually or with the help of specific instruments.
A pinched nerve also results in pain in the shoulder. Manipulating and mobilizing techniques fix it by releasing the pressure on the compressed nerve and alleviating pain.
Let Us Help You
Frequenty Asked Questions About Shoulder Pain
The chiropractic treatment is beneficial for shoulder pain as it effectively manages the problems that are causing pain in the shoulder and surrounding areas.
Shoulder pain should be reported to the chiropractor if it is associated with the following:
- The increasing intensity with time
- The weakness of the hand
- Numbness and tingling sensations